Sunday 28 May 2017

When we were young - special treats

Hi beautiful

I recently borrowed a book from the local library titled "When we were young: a compendium of childhood" compiled and illustrated by John Burningham, a celebrated author and illustrator of children's books.
After reading the first contribution by Andrew O'Hagan, a novelist and essayist, childhood memories began floating through my mind.

So I thought, why not write down my memories... in my blog. The first topic - Special Treats.

Special treats when I was young ...
- spending three pence on a pack of Fruit Tingles at interval time at the "pictures" and sucking them slowly all through the main feature movie. Fruit Tingles
- a Twin Pat ice block bought for 3d (?) at the corner store and sharing half with my younger sibling. They're not around anymore! Unique in that each ice block had 2 sticks and you broke it in half to eat or in my case to share.
- store bought brick of ice cream to have with the homemade apple pie / plum tart on an outing to the beach. This was special as we only ever had mum's homemade ice cream made from condensed milk at home! 

Obviously I liked my sweet things!

What were your special treats? 

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment