Saturday 24 December 2016

Diving into my stash

Hi beautiful

Making Christmas cards recently left me with the hankering for more paper crafting, so it was time to dive into my stash. Hey presto! Some leftover card stock from the Graphic 45 collection, "By the Sea" caught my eye.

It's summer and my thoughts turn often to the beach and swimming in the surf! What better theme to use for a journal than "By the Sea" and what wonderful papers to use! 

I wanted to keep the journal simple, no planning required. (It was hot, I needed to stay calm and cool!)  I had a few pages left in an 8" pad, lots of tags and 3 sheets of 12". The album therefore was to be 8" x 8". So the feature pages became this:


More writing space needed! I added different plain pages - drawing paper, Kraft paper, printed watercolor paper, layout paper, all great for doodling over, painting etc. Lots of pockets with little booklets, cards.
Side pocket with envelope
Side pocket with note
Belly band with large envelope
Booklets, extras inside envelope
Belly band with envelope
Contents of envelope
I managed to keep this journal relatively plain and simple. Lots can be added as I use it. I'm looking forward to recalling and recording my "By the Sea" holidays and outings, past and in the future.

So much fun to make and to use! 

Have fun this holiday season.

Love and lightness of being to you.
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment