Friday 15 June 2018

Back to papercraft

Hi beautiful

It's been nearly 6 months since my last post! Having a break from the world :-).

Life goes in circles. After a couple of years, I find myself returning to my love of making with paper. I've been exploring junk journaling - creating journals with a selection of everyday papers. I particularly love the scrappy aged look and recently played with tea stained papers and card leftovers to make this birthday card for a wonderful spunky lady.

Envelope card tied with a bow

Embossed greeting card withdrawn from front pocket

Back of envelope

New for me was using machine sewing as a feature and including a fabric scrap as an embellishment. (That's the textile influence of the last 2 years!) The tea staining gives the paper a gorgeous crackling sound as well as a warm aged look.

I'm loving being back with paper, glue, distress inks …..

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment