Sunday 31 December 2017

It's a Wrap!!!

Hi beautiful!

It's been a while since my last post. That's not to say there hasn't been a lot going on in my crafting world. There has!

The one creation I want to share today is what I affectionately call "The Hoop". It has been my daily companion this year. 
My hoop journey began at the prompting of a Wild Woman. “A great challenge” Leona said, “for a year, stitch each day on a hoop.” Four Wild Women, me included, set forth with courage and a glint of determination in our eyes.
I had a 14” hoop sitting in my cupboard, picked up at a local op shop. A year is a long time so I figured a big hoop was just the ticket. An unfinished, or more truthfully, almost unstarted, cross stitch linen piece was asking to be used after 4 decades! On the first day of the challenge, I made a last minute decision and chose a green linen damask napkin loitering in the linen cupboard. And the rest they say is history!
The Completed Hoop
Over time, the hoop became known as "The Magic Kingdom" with a mix of scenes and characters. Each day saw me stitching, posting on Instagram and weekly on Facebook. As I progressed, a few kind folk began to like and then to engage with the posts. They were also participating in #1yearofstitches challenge. The year-long journey was so much fun as we shared and encouraged each other. Thank you to my Instagram friends. 
I've made 2 video clips - one of the weekly hoop progress and the other of the places.
I hope you enjoy the journey!  
With love
Cara 

4 comments:

  1. A magical kingdom indeed - your hoop is so vibrant and lush. It has been such a joy to watch it unfold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leona. It certainly has been an unexpected adventure for both of us.

      Delete