Tuesday 21 February 2017

Paint fun

Hi beautiful

Today I indulged in a paint play on fabric. Just playing, experimenting. Happy with my results too.
Discover, Inspire, Fly
Growth
For both pieces, I started out with white quilters cotton. A layer of fabric paints was applied using brushes on wet fabric for marking, flicking, a brayer for rolling paint, even a champagne cork as a stamp.
Background layer
For "Growth" above, I followed by stencilling leaves with a cosmetic sponge. Et voilĂ ! 

For the "Discover, Inspire, Fly" piece, after the colour was laid, I used a stamp in slightly watery paint for the ripple effect. A toilet roll inner was perfect for the outer circles and to fill, a round sponge dabbing red, then white paint. Lastly stencils were used for the face, texture shapes and words.

I can see myself stitching on both of these. Looking forward to that! 

Here are some close ups.
Discover
Inspire
Fly
Did you have some "me time" today? Don't forget to nurture your heart.

Love and lightness of being to you.
Cara

1 comment: