Wednesday 28 December 2016

2017 One year of stitches

Hi beautiful

It's almost a new year upon us. I'm getting organized with my journals and looking forward to a year of new craft projects and learning new skills.

So I was thrilled to hear about a year long embroidery project shared by Sara Barnes on her blog Brown Paper Bag. It's called "1 Year of Stitches". She showcases Michelle Anais Beaulieu-Morgan's exquisite 2016 piece here.
Michelle Anais Beaulieu-Morgan
This morning I started looking for a large embroidery hoop I knew I had and some suitable fabric. I found this 14" hoop and beneath it, a long ago (late 70's!) cross stitch. I'd only done a few stitches in the middle. Much too fine for my eyes, even back then. The linen fabric is just perfect for this project.

Lucky find
I couldn't believe my good luck in finding both hoop and fabric. It's meant to be! 

Looking forward to commencing on January 1st and joining others.

Love 
Cara

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see I'm not the only one with that long forgotten cross stitch sitting on the hoop Cara:)

    ReplyDelete